Big life desicion things

Ok, so I am now at a bit of a cross roads...

I have a HORRIBLE job, but my bf has jacked me up with a job that pays A LOT more than this one, and it isnt soul-destroying.

I was going to go back to uni next semester (just to get away from this job) but I hate uni as well, all that pointy headed academic bs does my head in.

I DO NOT want to spend the rest of my life in a dead-end job, I am unsatisfied as it is.

As I see it, I have three choices

1. IF I GET THE HIGH PAYING JOB Save for a while and get a house, get in a flatmate to help with the bills, and pay it off.

2. If I get the high paying job, work for a year save a whole bunch of money and invest it, letting it grow while I go back to uni.

3. Stay at this job until next semester, go back to uni and slog it out.

I have talked about it to my bf, We figure that if I get a house, he can live with me rent-free, and after he has graduated and aquired a good job, I can go back to uni and he will support us while I finish my degree.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I tend to lean the house direction myself. Houses tend to appreciate in value and don't tend to devalue because of a poor money manager handling your accounts, or because of stock market fluctuations. Once you have the house, then go for the further investments.

I'm not sure about uni versus a good job. That depends on what you want out of life. A good paying job now is not always better than a degree in a few years. You may concievable se more chance for advancement with a higher education.

I know I wouldnt want to keep this job forever... I would want to go back to uni at some point. Not just for the money, either, I want to finish my psych degree and go into student councelilng in high schools. But I just feel so deflated at the thought of living like a student again (which is why it would be good if my bf and I were more stable, if he was qualified,which he will be in 2 years)

I like the house idea as well... a home base...

It sounds like you definitely want to go back to school at some point. If you're not ready yet tho, that's fine. The high paying job sounds really nice and if you hate it then quit and go back to school. Otherwise, I think it sounds like a great idea to save up and get more settled then head back and work towards your dream career. Just do what you feel comfortable with right now. Best of luck to you!

Thanks

I love learning, I loved going to the lectures and things, but I hated the admin side of it. how I could fail a paper on one sentence...

This would be a new univestiy however, hopefully not as badly organised as the one I was at in my old city.

The only problem I see with your options is that they do depend on your boyfriend, and you two staying together and living together. I would make sure you have a back-up plan to accomplish all of your goals without him - make sure that you would be self-sustaining throughout your 3-4 year plan so that a break-up would not leave would penniless or houseless or unable to go back to school.

I know

of course its nice to think that we will never break up, but these things happen.

The thing is, I cant accomplish them all without help.. even if it just means getting in more flatmates (I would want a 3 bedroom place probably, with one flatmate and a spare room)

The thing is, I cant accomplish them all without help.. even if it just means getting in more flatmates (I would want a 3 bedroom place probably, with one flatmate and a spare room)

I think that's fine, as long as you know that - and if you two were to break up you had a place to go (maybe home) before you could find another place, and you had either a part-time job or enough money saved up to put yourself through school.

It is really sad to have to think about these things. But I certainly hope everything will go your way, and you will live happily ever after!