New girl - Valentines Day....?

Firefly

Hi guys,

I've been seeing a girl for around 5 weeks now. We've been going out 1 or 2 times per week and really hit it off. The thing is, Valentines Day is coming up and I don't really know what to do about this in relation to her. We are not exclusively dating, just at the "seeing each other" stage. I think this may move forward soon though.

Should I take her out on a date on this special day or are we too early in the realtionship to make such a big deal?

Should I buy her a gift? And how "big" should this gift be?

I want to let her know she is important to me and make her feel special, but at the same time I don't want to come on too strong and scare her off...

Any advice on what I should do would be awesome.

Thanks.

Firefly.

I think a date on Valentines day would be a good idea.

With the gift, don't make it too major so early in the relationship. Flowers are great, I am yet to meet a woman who did not love receiving flowers and I think that would be perfectly in keeping with how long you guys have been seeing each other.

I don't think asking her out would be too much. But you better get on it! As far as a gift.....mabey just bring her some flowers when you pick her up for the date. Thats subtle and nice. But Id bring her something other that roses. Something nice, but less predictable. Not carnations though- ugh! But of coarse thats just of my own taste. She might like the more tratitional rose thing.

Hi Aurian, maybe we can help each other out as we are on opposite sides of the same dilema...

I would prefer a funny type Valentines card with a personal message from her inside. Nothing serious, but personal none the less. A small box of chocolates would be great also, although I would prefer to be given it rather than left inside a mailbox - but I can see how leaving it somewhere would be a great surprise and this depends on the person. I think what you have suggested is perfect for the situation, nothing too heavy, but showing that you care enough and think of them.

So let me ask, what would you like to happen on his part? I'm thinking of picking her up and giving her a small gift and a card with a message inside, followed by a meal at a restaurant. Again nothing too heavy but that I'm interested enough. How does this sound?

Would a small cuddly toy (i know she like cuddly toys) as a gift be appropriate or pathetic?

That sounds lovely to me. It would make me feel appreciated but its not too much too soon (jewelry and roses can be next year j/k).

If she likes small cuddly toys, then go for it! If I like a guy, I really love having something I can keep from him (Heck, I've already got a little stash of movie and sports tickets going... Flowers die after a few days, chocolates get eaten (although both are appreciated!), but a cuddly toy can be cuddled whenever she likes

I was thinking about the mailbox because his schedule is a bit unpredicatable with his work and classes, so if I were to give it to him in person, it would be the weekend before or after the day itself.