Hi Guys,

HAve posted sporadically and thanks for all your support including getting going on the NC (5 weeks)

Here's my update-would love opinion reflection on how I'm doing and is it natural what I'm feeling

Broken up two months now,was seeing the girl for a year,loved her to bits,her family everything etc

We didn't communicate emotionally that well and she may have been rebounding but we did get along really well and were very suited at nearly all levels

At the moment I'm feeling very sad,went on a date on Sunday and while it was good there was no chemistry with the girl

I acknowledge that the breakup(she broke up with me) was just as much my fault as her's...I suspose I didn't confront any issues and was afraid that an confrontation would drive her away (I think at some level she wasn't ready or really into me).It makes me extremley angry at myself and her for letting it happen.I accept it is over but at the moment I wouldn't be able to talk to her,we have talked at really since we broke up

She is heading away for a few months traveling in March and I was considering sending her an emailing wishing her the best etc letting her know that I consider the breakup everybit as much my fault as her's.......I know I don't really want to break NC it has been good for me and I'm quite scared to ask mutual friends how she is doing as I don't want to hear she is getting on great as that is the front I am putting on....what do people think of sending her the email before she goes, I would also add the caveat that I'm hoping I'm not opening old sores....any opinions are appreciated?

I would not contact her. wait till she comes back and see how you feel. Time heals and distance might make the heart grow fonder...My acupuncturist gave me this great advice: you don't have to date if you don't want to. so dont go on dates if there is no chemistry you will only make yourself more miserable... why don't you make yourself a priority- its "you" time now. Focus on you and stop blaming yourself about how you were in the relationship it's over so just try to think positive about yourself, I know its hard but you will get there!