Got Rid of my Cramps!

All I did was start taking Midol a couple days before my period actually started (I get cramps right when my period begins, not before). A couple days before I knew I was going to start, I felt just a little bloating and soreness, the usual warning signs, and I took a Midol. The next day, same thing, I took a Midol. This morning I actually started and again took a Midol. Usually, it only cuts back my cramps/bloating/fatigue to about half. But today I've felt perfectly fine! I can't remember the last time I haven't felt miserable during a period.

I heard a gynecologist on Oprah a couple weeks ago tell an audience member who had terrible cramps about this method. It's as if your body gets used to the medicine and thereforeeee responds more easily to it. The only downside I see is that you have to buy twice as much Midol (or whatever medicine you take usually for cramps) over the course of a year lol.

I will admit it helps to be able to predict your period to a specific day. Say... you start on Saturday so you begin taking medicine on Thursday. But I recommend this for people who have tough symptoms... it worked for me.

Midol makes you sleepy? Never heard of that. Are/were you taking any othe rmedications with it that it could have possibly been reacting with? I've taken it on and off since I started my period and never had a problem with it making me drowsy.

Nope.

No other meds.

I think I'm super sensitive to things like that tho.

Nyquil and Benadryl too....

When I take it, i'm totally down for the count.

Nope.

No other meds.

I think I'm super sensitive to things like that tho.

Nyquil and Benadryl too....

When I take it, i'm totally down for the count.

Shellshocked, I am the same as you. I can only take midol if I know I have time for a nap. I cannot function if I take it. A regular tylenol can knock me out. If I take any over the counter meds, they have to be "non-drowsy" or I am dead to the world for 2-4 hours. Then again, by the time I wake up, the headache is usually gone!