unknown female fluid discharge

hi.....

i'm a healthy 34 year old woman and for the past 4 or 5 days, i've been having a liquid discharge, but not from my vaginal area. it's not much fluid, but enough to cause discomfort and concern.

does anyone have any idea what this might be?

as an aside, i do not have any infections - bacterial or yeast.

thanks.

"She should probably see a Dr. "

To me thats a much better way of putting it but thats just my point of view.

I would say the same, and if there is blood dark or new (red) then you should go see a medic and get it cheked out.

If its from a back paseage and is blood it could be piles for which there are cearms.

all the best

abbett,

This is definitely something to talk to your doctor about. If it is coming from your urethra perhaps you are leaking urine or have some kind of UTI.

Otherwise it is likely a digestive system issue.

Either way, it's not something you should ignore or just hope will go away. Get checked and you will feel a lot better psysically and mentally.

BellaDonna

How can you be sure you don't have any infections? This may be a different manifestation of an infection. Perhaps you've been taking medication to treat something else and that's why you believe you're infection free. In that case, could it be a side effect of medication?

Certainly though, and especially since it's causing discomfort, do see a doctor.

hi....

thanks for your responses. obviously, i missed a post (that's since been removed) from someone who might not have had a very helpful post - but maybe one that held a judgment.

regardless, i'm glad i didn't see it.

i meant that i don't have a bacterial or yeast infection vaginally........i had no idea what the cause of this discharge is from my urethra. that's why i was asking.

it's clear and watery - no odor.

i say i am healthy because i am healthy. i take really good care of myself. i practice safe sex. and i'm not promiscuous. i've also not recently had a new sex partner, so, what's to explain this?

i've read it can be an infection of the urethra, polyps, all sorts of things.

just wondered if anyone had any first-hand knowledge they could shed light on.

and thanks to those who have had helpful and supportive posts. to judge someone as healthy or not, when you don't even know them -- what's your problem?

Ummm ... kinda don't like to mention this, but you said you don't have a new sex partner. However, if you have an existing sex partner and they have been with somebody else that is a potential problem. In other words, there's still a remote possibility of an STI. Sorry. Let's hope that's not what it is.

well, i started dating someone new 4 months ago. her previous sexual history was one person and that was about 4 years ago.

she's not had any problems herself.

and since we first consumated our relationship 4 months ago, wouldn't i have noticed something then instead of now? we live in different cities and only see each other on weekends and we also have not had sex in 3 weeks because she was sick and didn't feel up to it.

i didn't start the discharge til like 4 days ago.

Is it possible there is nothing wrong at all and this is just a more volumous discharge that can occur with some women at certan times of the month? I had a partner once that at some point in her cycle would have a slight discharge of relatively thick white fluid. There was nothing wrong and it only occurred for three or four days. I think it may have been close to when she ovulated but I'm not sure.

Anyway, seeing your obgyn is certainly the right way to go.

yeah, thanks, belladonna - it's not vaginal.......it's urethral - and it's weird. never had it before. it's weird that i have no other symptoms of anything like pain, odor, or discoloration. i've done some searches on google and it's really hard to try to figure out. still no call back from obgyn. i wonder if i should just go to a regular dr. i want to get this looked at today.

i went to my obgyn and she was perplexed with my symptoms. she examined me and found nothing wrong and she did a culture and found nothing wrong. but she did prescribe some antibiotics and told me to check back in 2 weeks if the situation was not better. ???