Our friendship is in trouble.

Hey,

Well there is a girl that I have been good friends for 3 years give or take a little. And I've for the most part been trying to be more although never actually admitting it. Anyhow a couple weeks ago after a game I was at a restaurant with some friends and so was she. And we talked a little and I left. And then i asked her to a movie (first time ive ever been so forward with her) and she couldnt because she was sick (not a lie, actually sick). Anyhow last weekend I ran into a friend of mine who was with her at the restaurant and told me that they had talked about me and claiming i could be or was or am (im really not sure on it) akward.

And well today I asked her about it when the friend was close by and well yah. She got real mad about it and told me that she was just kidding. And she got really mad at my friend. Saying that he's my lab partner (the girl and i are lab partners, hell she asked to be mine)

Anyhow I didnt know what to expect at the game. Well about half time I walked by her and she jumped in front of me to which i said hey. Then I sat kind of close to her, and she told someone not to talk to me (she was kidding) and i jokingly replied yah im too akward, and she said maybe we shouldnt be friends or something.

Then I started to tell my friend and I turned to tell him and I couldnt see her, and my friend told me she kept turning her head to listen in when I wasnt looking. And then at the dance my friend (the same one who told me and talked about me) told the girl i hadnt danced (i dont dance), and she said something (too loud to make out) and he said that she said she didnt care. And before I left she asked me if i hated her and I told her no that I was going to tell her that when i saw her.

And well I just dont know what to do, I mean I feel betrayed honestly. Yah I know it wasnt very bad but its the principle and what happened afterwards. I mean does she even care about me? I mean surely I mean more to her than just a lab partner?.. And i guess I hate that our friendship is hurt and that any chance of us being more is over.

Kind of ironic, I had planned on trying to get with her this weekend (her birthday is sunday), guess thats messed up. Its a shame, any advice on what to do?

And about the akward thing, my friend mentioned that it was something about me talking. I sometimes somewhat pause, I guess to add a little something to the convo and time to think? In all honesty I dont know what the deal is.

Thanks

Sorry for it being so long

Mysteryman

• Like 1

Dear mysteryman,

Hello guy, and you know, your story here sounds like the sum total of my experiences at school, so many, that "could have" developed, but for one little thing or another, in the initial phase of dating. What a drag, and I feel for ya'. PM me if wa' want.

It sounds as though your romance with this girl did not take off with a flying start, and just went into a steep glide from there.

I myself would back off to a fair degree, and instead of placing too much hope in the prospect of seeing this girl... I would back away, and simply "wait and see".

Maybe it'll level off into a quality friendship, a rare, and rewarding thing too.

Best wishes for the future.

Jeffrey