girls are like roses with sharp thorns

Massari

Yes I did make it up myself.. when you get hurt so much in a relationship you will end up getting some perspective over a few things and how you much approach women and finding love in the future. lol btw I didn't think about that as a poem! I dunno about posting it in poetry section.. double post .. ?

Yes whenever you get in a relationship (my first for me so I hoping it last, darn it would suck if a break-up were to happen since he's the one I gave in) and you start to open up, you must remember that you're also risking getting hurted/rejected but at the same time you have to let go of your guard and try it. If it doesn't work, try the next fish on the ocean, never give up. That's where experience comes from.

Otherwise, if you don't want to experience, then you can always die as a bachelor.

Well, I just got my rose, and I don't see any thorns on her at all. I've known her as a friend 3 years. Asked her out tonight and she said yes. She's as sweet as they come. She may have a thorn or two somewhere that I haven't seen, but if so, that's OK.

Her X neglected her totally, according to what a mutual friend told me. He ignored her most of the time. I will treat her good and I'm not one to ignore a woman. I'll give her plenty of attention in nice ways. For sure.

I'm happy!

Well, I just got my rose, and I don't see any thorns on her at all. I've known her as a friend 3 years. Asked her out tonight and she said yes. She's as sweet as they come. She may have a thorn or two somewhere that I haven't seen, but if so, that's OK.

Her X neglected her totally, according to what a mutual friend told me. He ignored her most of the time. I will treat her good and I'm not one to ignore a woman. I'll give her plenty of attention in nice ways. For sure.

I'm happy!

I am really happy for you mate. I wish you guys the best. enjoy it mate.

Well, I stand corrected. I found her thorn in two days time. Actually our mutual friend found it and stuck it deep into me.

It's like this. She was single, but I waited to long to ask her out. Mostly because I was sick and gone from work for 9 weeks, but also I stalled and hesitated an additional two weeks.

Somewhere in that 11 weeks some other guy asked her out, she accepted, and now he's her BF.

When I asked her out on Weds night, she did say yes, she'd like to go out with me. She didn't mention any BF. In fact, the prior day she was talking about herself being single.

Here's what appears to me happened. She likes me for real. So when I finally got around to asking her (she probably thought I never would), she was already taken, but liked me. So she said yes to me because she thought she could date me and him and neither of us would find out.

However, what was she thinking? Her best girlfriend is also a friend of mine and a friend of her BF. Since I didn't know anything about any of this BF stuff, I asked our mutual lady friend for advice on what to get her for Valentines Day. Our lady friend asked me why I'm wanting to get her something for Valentines Day. I said, because I just asked her out yesterday and she said yes. So I want to give her a really good Valentines Day. Then her friend tells me she's got a BF. I'm like, "I don't think so. She said she wants to go out with me and she never mentioned a BF." So our friend went staight away and got her and made her explain. She pretended like I'd just misunderstood. I let her pretend that in front of our friend. However, I know I had it right. She said yes, she'd like to go out with me. However, she then gave me the let's be friends speech in front of our mutual lady friend. She doesn't want her lady friend thinking badly of her.

So once again, I'm now the jack@ss loser with women. This isn't my fault. OK, I waited to long to ask her out. That's my fault, but I'm not to blame for all this other stuff.

I'm now suffering from humiliation and hopelash. This is frickulous.

I went to a city hall meeting tonight (part of job) and was a public speaker. This just after the girly soap opera occurred. So the city hall meeting, my speaking, and then a semi-nasty, but much appreciated public debate broke out in city hall. Great, I was in a great mood to fight with someone and the guy was a jerk who tried to publicly slap me down, but instead he got slapped down. That made me feel a bit better since I got some frustrations out there.

I thought I was going to have my first good Valentines Day. Not.

The hidden thorns always hurt the most because you never see them coming and you grab right onto them. Valentines Day will suck this year even worse than usual. I'm right on the edge right now.

I watch a little TV in work lounge after meeting and work over. These beautiful women on TV and they just made me cry. I'm in a mood now where seeing a beautiful woman depresses me and makes me tear up. Imagine you're starving, and then you see a beautiful steak that you know you'll never have. Sickeningly sad.

Happy Valentines Day. I think I'm going to feel asexual for at least a month now. Even seeing a beautiful woman makes me tearup, cry, and feel sick.

I’m really sorry charley I really thought that was a good thing you had going on with you, I can feel you.. I know V day is coming and I just broken up with my ex like a month ago or so. Not the best time but I had to do it, New years alone and now V day. she kinda cheated me on me. Flirted with guys all through out that 8 months that we were going out I just had it up to here. Now I am alone. I dunno I am kinda that character Ross in F.R.I.E.N.D.S I like being married or being in a relationship, I like being committed to a woman like that. But I guess not many women reciprocate this feeling.

I wake up every day and just try to go through the days. As the dumper in this case its really difficult because now I realized that she might actually moved one because she never really loved me.

As days go by I will try to survive, its really difficult some days more then others.

All I ask from a woman is that she treat me as good as I treat her.

I had a woman like that once, a long time ago. My first.

At the time, I didn't realize she was so rare and special. I knew she was awesome, but I assumed there were other awesome women out there too.

If there are, I don't know where or how to find one.

Finding her is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I've read your posts lately and other than this recent let down, it sounds like you've had some great experiences and have really come a long way to do things regardless of being shy. I'm shy too, so I can relate to all of that, and I've really been impressed by your posts.

Don't let this get you down for too long, charley.