Still single, huh?

annie24

link removed

This is a funny list of snappy comebacks to the dreaded, "you're still single?" question.

like:

Relative rant #2

“Such an attractive young person, but still no one special?”

Quiet-them comeback

“No one special, but a bunch of regulars!”

—Tammy Pescatelli, comedian from Last Comic Standing

“I figure it’d be selfish to limit myself to just one person.”

—Matt Iseman

I remember when my parents would say to me "You wont find a boyfriend until you... lose weight, stop drinking, smoking, swearing, living, breathing..."

My mum used to complain that i was immature and when would i settle down and other older married people would say "oooh at your age I had a mortgage and children!"

my reply:

"What a shame for you.."

"oh I dont want to tie myself down just yet and then get to your age and realise all the things i missed out on, like girls holidays to spain and italy and going out every weekend and living alone and dancing around my flat naked to Billy joel's uptown girl, going on a different date every week... oh life is great when your single in this day and age.. its a shame for people of your generation who got married at like 19!"

that usually shuts them up! ha ha mean i know!!

I told my friend at work yesterday, who is married and has been since 99 that I wanted to be married and he looked at me and said he wants to be single and date around.

There are a lot of people asking why we are single, not because they want to see us settle down, but because they want to know what they did wrong.

Orlander

There are a lot of people asking why we are single, not because they want to see us settle down, but because they want to know what they did wrong.

Orlander

lol, that is too funny! yeah, I went out with some girlfriends a few months ago, some were married, others not. and the married ones were like, "I love my husband and all..... but I just want ONE night to myself, where I can watch whatever I want on TV, cook what I want, and just chill by MYSELF!" I thought that funny, since I get to do that every day!

My big pet peeve is people who start sentences off with:

You should...

Like they think they can give me the answers to solving what they think is a grave problem for me (being single...which isnt' a problem) and I cringe everytime someone starts off saying, "You should..."

My ears shut down and suddenly they are like the teacher on Peanuts that you can't understand at all. I'm just watching lips flap at this point:

wa wawa wa wawawa