Body - look & feel, some observations...

This is not something that's troubling me, but I do find it interesting, so I thought I'd throw it out there and see what you guys think...

Due to a combination of factors - sedentary job, no longer cycling between my house & my boyfriend's because we're living together, to lazy to get my bum into the gym for a few months etc. - I've put on a bit of weight. I don't own a set of scales, so I don't know how much, but I'm not overweight, I was always curvy and now I'm a little curvier

I don't much like my new look (though I doubt it's noticeable to anyone not trying to get into my jeans in the morning so I'll make sure to lose the extra pounds again. However - and this is what interests me - I do really like the way my body feels now: my belly is slightly soft, so are my hips, and I think that feels really nice, though I prefer the look of a toned stomach. It made me think of that scene in Pulp Fiction where Fabienne is wishing she had a pot belly, and says "It's unfortunate what we find pleasing to the touch and pleasing to the eye is seldom the same".

Sooooooo anybody else find this? About either their own body or that of others? I can't think of any good examples about others, except perhaps that while I like my boyfriend with a rugged 5 o'clock shadow look, to kiss and rub my face against, cleanshaven is nicer