How often?

I only see my girlfriend on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. We have sex 1-2 times during that period each week. I used to think it was less until I counted how many boxes of condoms I've gone through.

I don't like having too much sex. The last girlfriend I had, we did it every day. She got addicted to it, and every time a conversation ran dry, it was all about sex. I injured my groin and my doctor told me not to have sex for 2 weeks, and my ex flipped out, made me feel guilty about it and it was a mess. It had become the basis for the relationship, and not a perk.

My girlfriend made it clear that our relationship will not be about sex, and that we will take time to enjoy each other's company in various other ways, but the sex is the icing on the top, not the cake. I have no issue with that, and in fact, the anticipation makes it that much sweeter. Her sex drive isn't super high and neither is mine, but when we get in bed...well, let's just say that when we're done, the bed is on the other side of the room...literally!

I always laugh when someone says "we do it 3 to 4 times a day"...then my question becomes... do you work? have a life? friends? outside interests to share with your partner? Typically, from what I have heard, it tends to be, on average, 3 times a week for a lot of married couples.

You also have to factor in people's ages as well as how long they been together. I've been with my hubby for 5 years but married for 2 and our sex life hasnt disappeared just because we said some vows infront of our family and friends. I would say we have sex about 3 to 4 times a week. The rest of the time we work...hang out with each other...hang out with our friends (separately or together) or indulge ourselves in our hobbies etc. Often times its not quantity but quality. If you have great sex 3 times a week then I would say thats better then ho-hum sex every day of the week

You guys are really making me miserable.

I guess we are on the verge of being a sexless marriage. My wife and I average about once a month, maybe twice if the planets align just right. She says that is all she really needs and doesn't really have any sexual thoughts or get horny. She says she mostly just does it for me (which is not that enjoyable).We had a big fight about it just before Christmas because I had been keeping track and we had sex twice since Labor Day weekend. She says she will work on it if just stopped pressuring her.

I'm about to just give up. It's not worth the frustration and depression.