Girlfriend's Self Confidence

ok well i've been with my gf for almost 3 months now, but even before we were dating i've noticed she's never had any sort of self confidence, i've always tried helping her but she thinks in a negative attitude, like tonight we were talking about how she was riding with a friend and she thought she was going to get into another accident (she's been in two already both within a month of each other about 6 weeks ago was the last one) so i was understanding but she didn't say anything to her friend that was driving, because she was afraid she was going to look stupid. This isn't the only instance, she's very afraid that somebody's going to get her, she's not paranoid, but she does have stints where she is, I've tried telling her I'm willing to help but everything I say is shot down by some pessimistic remark.

help please!

Has she been abused ever?

One thing you have to do as a good boyfriend is be a huge reassurance to her. You have to constantly tell her how wonderful and gorgeous she is.

It's your job, and you shouldn't forget it.

However, some people are just naturally negative and somethings won't change it.

Does she have depression, and mood swings?

All you can do is be positive..It could be a phase, I've known people to do that, more often women are like that.

She could just be fishing for constant compliments too, but doubtful.

Continue being positive with her, and when she voices an opinion, be open to it, and uplifiting to it, regardless of how you respond.. What I mean is.. Don't shoot down her opinion or ideas instantly, but if you disagree, find a way to interject kindly.

• 3 weeks later...