Urinary Tract Infection

I'd go to a doctor and have a test confirm your suspicions. Drink lots of water and if you are having sex, pee afterwards (if you and your partner are not using condoms).

The doctor can see by a sample of urine if you have UTI and he can prescibe antibiotics if necessary.

Ilse

Yes, well if the doctor confirms your suspicions as such and you do have a UTI then don't worry its better then some others things it could have been. Like a bacterial infection. UTI can be cleared up quite quickly and if you don't find enough time to drink lots of water or you just don't like drinking water substitutes some snacks for watery fruits such as watermelon (surprise, surprise), peaches, apples, plums, etc.

UTI's are the absolute worst!!!!!!

If you can, get to a doctor and get an antibiotic. This will clear up the UTI quickly - no sense being in pain while hoping drinking lots of water and cranberry will work.

If you can't go to the doctor, check out these products. My doctors office recommended these. I've used them and they certainly help!

link removed

AZO Standard:

Fast relief of pain, burning, urgency and frequency of urination. Specially formulated to go directly to the site of discomfort for relief right where it hurts.

The same ingredient most prescribed by doctors for relief of urinary discomfort: Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride

Nothing relieves urinary infection pain faster. 2 sizes: 30 tablets for multi-incident relief; 12 tablets for limited-incident relief

I can't agree strongly enough to drink lots of water and go for the cranberry juice.

I am one of those unfortunate people who gets them from intercourse (and strangely only when I have not had it for a while) and it gets very bad very quickly. Excruciating pain, needing to pee constantly, and when I do I feel like I am being turned inside out. Lots of blood. I have to go on very strong antibiotics straight away and they work within hours.

Some women seem to get UTIs and can self medicate and manage. Others, like me, need direct medical help straight away. I even carry a spare antibiotic pill with me just in case it hits again.

Urinating after sex is a must. I think that that is what has stopped further UTIs developing for me since the last one.