Friend commited suicide...

I'm having a very hard time dealing with the suicide of my friend. he took his life on monday and everyday i seem to feel worse. I wasn't very close with him but we had partied together afew times and he had asked me out for dinner afew times but i didn't because i was dating someone else at the time.

I just dont understand why someone with so many friends, who was so good looking, and so charming could do something like this. All his friends were so jealous of him ebcause he was such a ladies man and he always appeared to be so happy and confident. His death was a huge chock to everyone. even his closest friend had no idea and they were inseperable. He was only 24... how can something like this happen... I don't know how to handle this loss. it hurts and its so sad.

um, I know, and it hurts for a long time. I've had three friends do this and each time.....I couldnt understand why. They have a deep torment that we dont see sometimes. Some of them show their depression and some of them dont.

Try to remember the good time you had with him. My thoughts are with you.

I am so sorry, my father did the same, no one knew he was so upset to do something like that, but when i look back now he gaved so many clues but no one did anything. Til this day i dont understand why he didnt try get help or anything, he was loved by many, but he will never be forgotten and he will always be miss.

Just remember all the good times you had and stop thinking why it will just bring you down a whole lot more.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have had seen many people die lately. My next door neighbor is going to die of cancer in a few weeks. My grandfather also died recently. I usually try to look at a blank white wall and imagine its god when I'm talking to it when I reflect on death. That might work for you. Your friend sounds like he was in a lot of pain.

In my sig you will see what I believe, I have lost to many this way and at times have been far to close, The last one to go was Norman, a grate crazy mate who found life just to hard one day and left. When I was told the next day I just sat for a time and let my mind take it in. All I could thing was "what a fool if only he had called me up" like he had do so many times befor, but the truth was he chouse not to call me, he just desided that he did not need or any one of a number of others help and as such I was with out plame, I had do all I could and so I morned him and miss him still but then I let it go and move on with my life. until we brake deaths grip it will be with us so its best to relise that we and every one we know will at some point fall into shadow. It was his time and he couse not to find help but to fall. For thows of us who are left we must stand or his falling has no meaning and in standing we can be there for others like him.

as the greek saying gos

"laugh to day for tomorrow we die"