What does THIS mean?

patriot06

I'm a male and currently in high school, and there's this girl on my bus that I think I have a crush on. She's quiet just like me, but I'm shy and too afraid to do anything at all, and so I just sit there in my seat. Throughout the half-hour bus ride I'll frequently glance up at her, (even though I know it's rude) I stare. As soon as she catches my eyes I'll look away, and I also frequently look up and see her staring at me, and then she immediately looks away. Ethnically, she's Japanese, so at her bus stop I've had my Haiku (Japanese poetry) book atop my pile of books to the right of me, and I'm pretty sure she's noticed them as she passes my seat, walking down the bus aisle.

In school, I've seen her on occasion, and when I notice her, her eyes immediately look away. Also, recently, she has moved up three seats on the bus and she now (although not 100% of the time) more often sits just two seats behind me on the opposite side, and the staring-and-looking-away continues.

Maybe it's just me, but I strongly sense that she's a shy introvert just like me, and it may be a wild guess, but I sense that she likes me, or, more accurately, is at least curious. Please, do not be harsh in judging me or telling me that I'm wrong... this is just how I feel.

Now, I embrace my shyness and my being a loner, as many introverts like me do. I don't want to change or "become an extrovert", since it's who I am. I'm just curious if the "staring-and-looking-away" thing means anything at all. Once again, I know I may sound stupid or something.

Thanks!

Put your mind on zero and ask her out, its a win win situation for you, heck you always miss if you never shoot right? If she says no you can at least say to yourself 'i tried' and if she says yes you got a date. What has being shy ever done good for you in your life? Nothing, so get rid of it. Whatever you do in life always go for gold.

Very clear signals in my oppinion! And even introverts like companionship and so just for a moment or two, please have courage and smile next time.

Gradually, you can work up to a "hello".

Just imagine if the next day you never, ever saw her again; nor the next, nor the next, nor the.....

nor ever again.

Would you always be left wondering, "What if...."

Smile

It's a start.

I know exactly what happens when you think about saying somethine to her. You see in your mind's eye you walking up to her. The whole place goes deathly quiet as everyone's attention turns to you, hunched and sweating standing in front of this girl. In a weak, cracking voice you ask her the question that has been on your mind for so long. She looks at you without a hint of emotion on her face and blows you out of the sky with her "No." In an instant the entire place is roaring with laughter. In a matter of hours your entire school knows and everywhere you go you hear them laughing and snickering and making jokes about you. You never live it down, and for the rest of your life, you're known as "That kid that tried to ask a girl out."

Am I close? I don't know but that was always what I thought when I wanted to ask a girl out. Just run through it in your head and you'll realize how ridiculous it is. Just get those anxious feeling going, and then work through it in your mind, to find what is causing them, what you think is going to happen when you ask this girl out. You will come to realize that you are thinking irrationally and your irrationality is being fueled by your anxiety, and your anxiety is making it difficult for you to see how ridiculous your reasoning is. I'm guessing, given what you've told us, that you probably aren't the most popular cat on the block, and you think they when you ask this girl out, there will be bullies waiting in the wings ready to pounce on you the second you open your mouth. There won't. In general human beings really do want to help eachother. Very rarely will a person see another person in danger and not help them, no matter what their feelings between eachother are. The same goes for many simpler life situations. The people who pick on you are probably going to leave you alone while you do your thing, and almost guarenteed will gain some respect for you. If they come up to you and start in on you while you're doing your thing, it makes them look like * * * * * * * *, and depending on how you handle yourself may score you some points with your lady friend. I wish you the best buddy, and hope you get what you want.