proactiv solution

Proactiv basically dries up your skin and gets rid of pimples that way.

I used to use it... but then it started really drying up my skin and eventually not working at all.

It just ended up irritating it.

I use RetinA Micro. Go to your dermatologist and see what they will prescribe for you. They know best.

I use avita (basically retin a) and Murad. I had developed adult acne and found the side benefit to it was it prevents wrinkles. Trust me on this, every girl could use some retin a. Everyone thinks I'm 25 and I'm 36. The average age of guys who ask me out is about 27.

I don't really have acne issues much now but when I have a little breakout around the monthly, I use zeno. It's $200 but it's worth its weight in GOLD.

i finally decided to get proactiv, but im not sure how it works exactly. i get few zits, but when i do they come big. and once in a blue moon ill get a cystic pimple. what i want to know, how proactiv works and how to use it.

Proactiv is a 3 part system.

First it cleanses the skin removing excess dirt.

Secondly using 2.5% Benzol Peroxide, it kills the bacteria that clogs pores and causes pimples in the first place.

Finally it moisturizes the skin to prevent the skin from drying out. When the skin dries out, it gets oily which can trap bacteria and dirt causing more pimples (which is why most OTC pimple medication doesn't work to prevent pimples).

All three steps can be approximated by using OTC products.

Like most skin care products, Proactiv may work for you, and it may not.

The thing that REALLY sucks about proactiv is that you are a "member" and are charged a reoccurring fee ever 3 months and a new supply is sent to you.

Even if you get the 19.99 trial, you still have to sign up for a membership.

If you want to try Proactiv and see if it works for you, I recommend buying a kit from Ebay. Lots of people get sent more kits then they can use, and are always putting them up for auction. Likewise you can check craigslist for someone local selling it.

their isnt a dermatologist where i live

Where in the world do you live that you dont have a dermatologist? atleast within driving distance

But as for the Proactive itself, i've been lucky enough to not have to use it but my Ex did and it worked wonders for him but at the same time i've known a few people who used it for a long period of time and it dried their skin out really bad and even got to the point it was burning their skin. SO i'd talk to a dermatologist evne before trying proactive although you can get it OTC

Where in the world do you live that you dont have a dermatologist? atleast within driving distance

But as for the Proactive itself, i've been lucky enough to not have to use it but my Ex did and it worked wonders for him but at the same time i've known a few people who used it for a long period of time and it dried their skin out really bad and even got to the point it was burning their skin. SO i'd talk to a dermatologist evne before trying proactive although you can get it OTC

lol i live way north in manitoba. we hardly have much for doctors. and a dermatologist isnt for like 4 hours away. its hardly worth the trip