This Friday morning, I snapped. I don't really know why, I think I woke up late or something, woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but something, and I snapped. I acted horrible, I was punching the wall, kicking the desk, falling on the floor, throwing stuff, it was horrible. I took my alarm clock and threw it accross the room. I even yelled at my parents, and almost hit my own mother. I was yelling, slamming doors, incredibly angry.

This is the first time anything like this has EVER happened. I don't understand what happened, or why. I mean, it was a blur, and I literally wasn't thinking about my actions. I mean, I've gotten angry before, but that's natural, and I'm usually a laid back person. I never act differently when I'm emotional (just a personal thing, I've always felt that acting on just your emotions shows you're weak, or tempermental) and I try to keep my cool. So, after that morning episode, which lasted a good 20-30 minutes, and than abruptly stopped as I started packing up to leave to go to school. I skipped my first few classes because I was kind of shocked that I'd acted like that..I was mentally fine for the rest of the day though.

Am I going crazy? I've never thought I had any mental instability before...and its kind of scaring me.

Background On The Week:

I had been sick on Monday and Tuesday with a fever for the first time in about 10 years (I just don't get sick...meaning no sick days ). It was nice, I slept practically all day, and than continued school on Wednesday, even though I was still sick with a sore throat. But, it turns out I missed important tests and such, so I had to make up hours and hours worth of work, plus college applications and such, which kept me up late. I had slept 3 hours on Wednesday and Thursday night, and I'd been increasingly stressed for the last two weeks.

P.S.

What happens to you're body if you're not sleeping enough? I wasn't physically "sleepy" because I was coffee-powered but I was tired. On Friday, I just found I had no motor skills. I tripped trying to walk up the stairs four times, and I had trouble doing small stuff such as carrying books and getting out of my chair, so I was just wondering why that happened.

Yeah, this happens to me with every period.....JK

Seriously, you were sick and altho you were 'feeling better' your body wasn't completely healed. The added stress of having to make up for the part of the week that you missed, you sent your 'still sick' body into over drive. On top of that, you weren't getting the rest you needed, which is necessary for your body to heal from just coming off of being sick.

1. sick

2. over stressed

3. not enough sleep

=

blow out!

i believe the reason you "snapped" was because of lack of rest, and stress from the weeks before. i too am like you in the fact of being laid back and trying to keep my cool. unfortunately i do this to the point of "capping my emotions and bottling them up" until one day they just come out and i lose it! i think that could be your problem too. hope this helps some....