Where to?

krogen

Hello,

I'm going to call this girl tomorrow and I'm planning to ask her out. She ditched me last time (kind of) but I refuse to give up. I don't want to get deep into this because there's a huge story behind it. I can't go anywhere fancy because I don't have a job which means I can spend very little (I'm 18 and looking for a job...). It has to be fun, original, and cheap.

She's in a hs bowling team and I was thinking about going bowling with her. Would this be a good idea? She has to go practice every day for 2 hours so I'm thinking she has enough of it during the week. And I have never bowled in my life. But then again, I'm thinking it would be fun for this single reason, which is that I can't bowl. She would have to teach me. Would this be a good idea? Have some fun, screw around, talk a little. That's how I see it.

You see, I don't know if I like bowling since I have never bowled in my life. I see your point though (catering?). I'm not a very interesting person. I don't have too many hobbies (sports/places to go out/etc). I like parties though and if there's one, I always go. There is one tomorrow but it's a Polish party, meaning only Polish people will be there. I'd like to take her there but she would feel really awkward, I think. All of those people do speak English but you get the point. There's also another party on Sunday, not a Polish one. But since it's Sunday, I wouldn't be able to stay for too long, probably up to 12, which would leave me with less than 6 hours of sleep (school). I would hate that. I hate postponing this. It has been over a month since I asked her out.

Thanks for the reply.

Eh, bowling is fine. She might be a little sick of it, but really what you do or where you do it isn't nearly a important as how you are when you're with her.

My first date was dinner and watching a DVD at my place afterward, how original is that, right? But we had a great time. We could've went anywhere and it would've worked.

Of course you should avoid catering to her by the way, but only avoid it if you feel like asking her to go bowling would be catering. Like if she wanted you to go bowling with her just so she could dominate the date and wanted to see if you would go along just to try and impress her, don't do it. But if you're the one who asked her to go teach you bowling and you do it in a confident way, she won't ge the idea that you're trying to suck up to her. She'll actually be doing you a favor, so in that sene she'd be trying to win you over.