Ladies - need help. Could I get pregnant?

littleL_RN

A few days ago, I had sex with my boyfriend on the last day of my period.

Although I am on the birth control pill and he did not finish, I am still fearing that I could get pregnant.

What makes it worse is that my period won't even be due for another month.

What do you think?

dont worry, i used to have the same paranoia..

its very very unlikely you are pregnant if you are using the pill correctly everyday.

It is highly unlikely to get pregnant if you have sex during your period even if you aren't on the pill.

this is untrue, and i hope everyone knows that cos thats how people get pregnant, by being misinformed..

Pregnancy can occur from intercourse that takes place during a period. This is because sperm can live in the body for up to five days, and if a woman ovulates soon after her period, then conception could take place from intercourse that occurred during her period.

However,

For women who have regular cycles, ovulating during your period is highly unlikely.

link removed

So yes, you can get pregnant during your period, the chances are slim, but since you had birth control, it's highly highly unlikely.

Thanks, girls. I think what makes me most paranoid was the fact that during your period, you only take the 'inactive pills,' so I felt slightly unprotected.

However, I do take the pills everyday religiously. I am going to try not to fret too much for now. Of course, I'm sure I'll be worrying like crazy come a week before my scheduled period.

(Regarding conception during menstruation)

this is untrue, and i hope everyone knows that cos thats how people get pregnant, by being misinformed..

It is you who are misinformed.

Conception during menstruation is about as likely as conception while on the pill -- possible, but highly unlikely.

Some people have claimed to have gotten pregnant due to having sex during menstruation, but in 99.9% of those cases the woman was experiencing non-menstruational bleeding, or had exceedingly erratic menstrual cycles.

Sperm only live for 4-5 days in optimal cervical mucus conditions (i.e. around ovulation), which is not the state of things during menstruation, where sperm only survive 1-2 days.

(Regarding conception during menstruation)

It is you who are misinformed.

Conception during menstruation is about as likely as conception while on the pill -- possible, but highly unlikely.

Some people have claimed to have gotten pregnant due to having sex during menstruation, but in 99.9% of those cases the woman was experiencing non-menstruational bleeding, or had exceedingly erratic menstrual cycles.

Sperm only live for 4-5 days in optimal cervical mucus conditions (i.e. around ovulation), which is not the state of things during menstruation, where sperm only survive 1-2 days.

87.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Carry on <_>