Compliments out of the blue

Hello again people,

A few quick questions. First off do girls you hardly know just like it when guys compliment them straight away before even getting to know them properly? Does it seem too desperate from the guy?

And secondly does anyone know a sure fire way on how to tell apart girls that are just being friendly to a guy and girls that are flirting with a guy?

Third and final question, if you ask a girl out and she says she has a boyfriend, when is the right time(if ever) to ask the girl out again? (she's only 16 or 17 and isn't going to date the guy forever I presume) or will I just be setting myself up for another heart break?

Thanks people

Question One:

Well, all girls are different. What will attract one girl to a guy will turn another off, there is no right or wrong. I know personally that on occasion, if I'm feeling down or a little insecure, I like it when a guy will randomly compliment me. However, it paints a bad impression of the guy in my head- someone who's only interested in one thing, ya know?

Question Two:

There is no surefire way to tell if a girl likes you short of asking her. If you don't feel confident enough to do this- watch her body language, but try to be realistic. This means don't read too much (making more of something than it is), or too little (dismissing a flirtatious signal because you find it hard to believe she likes you) into anything. Extended glances, especially smiles, thing like that, are pretty good indicators that she likes you. Best way, in my mind, is to invite her to do something just the two of you, no one else. If she's eager to accept, then you've got a good shot.

Question Three:

My best advice in this situation is not too. You don't want to be hanging around waiting for someone to break up with someone else. You'll miss out on the tons of other great people there are out there. Not to mention she'll probably notice you haven't moved on and become uncomfortable. If, however, you two happen to find each other when she is once again single (and you are as well) and things start working in your favour, then go ahead, but try not to force (Use your intuition.)

Hope that helps a little!