POLL: Missing HIM/HER or being with someone?

It has been almost 2 months since he broke up with me. I am much better now, however at times I have bad days. Yes, there is life after breakup! In 15 days I fly down to Florida for a long weekend and then first week of December I am flying down to Hawaii for a week just to hang out and I'm excited!! So that is what is lifting my spirits!

I find myself missing him at times, but I don't really think I miss HIM, just missing being in a relationship or something? This makes sense? I even told my therapist that I miss him .. she says no you don't miss him, you just miss the idea of him. Which is pretty much true.

I still have little anger left towards him altho it's fading away for the way he broke up with me. He is a good guy but just was awful at breaking up!

So do you miss the person or the idea of being with someone?

Thanks for your answers!

i definitely miss him too... i was supposed to go on vacation back home but im not taking the trip becasue i know i might bump into him and im too scared to hear what i dont want to hear if i see him...

part of me doesnt want to stop missing him... does that make sense?

How can i miss someone I dont even know?

This makes a lot of sense to me. Like most of you, my ex was fantastic in the relationship, but turned into a totally different person post break-up.

I think I miss my ex, but not my ex as he has become now. I miss the idealized version of him, the one I put on the pedestal.