son not sleeping

How did it go????

Last evening my kids and I had to go to a conference at the school. We didn't get home til 8:30 which put us in a rush to get to bed on time.

At 9:45, they were ready for bed and we had finished our two stories for the night. I asked them to please just get into bed without a fight. I reminded them that they have each other and there are some kids that don't have a brother or sister that sleeps in the same room. They asked if I would lay down with them. I said no. I whispered: But if you go straight to sleep, we'll go to a pumpkin patch this weekend. On my way towards the door, they asked if I would stay in the room. I agreed to stand by the door. My little kiddies were asleep in five minutes. And, they didn't come to my room last night.

I know if I can be consistant for another week or two it will become routine. Just wanted to check your progress and share mine.

Sorry I haven't been on here for awhile-been a busy girl. That's great with your kids-hopefully it has lasted! My story is still the same...no sleep.

I contacted a pediatric hypnotist today and she thinks she can do wonders with my son. I'm very excited. He goes on Monday. She seemed to think it was a habit thing-him getting me in the night-and she seemed to think she could calm his fears and maybe even help with his ADHD so he doesn't need medication. I can't wait for this!

• 2 weeks later...

it must have worked, at least a little...he's gone from getting up three plus times a night to only once, and the past few nights have been not at all!!!!! We shall see. I hope it's not just a phase. I hope that he really, really stays in bed.

The hypnotherapists was wonderful. She talked a lot to him before she did anything-just to get some trust going. Then she made him a couple of relaxation cd's for bed time. I would recommend it to anyone. I might even try it for myself!