Birth Control Ques. For Girls

Colls

Hi, well my doctor prescribed birth control pills to clear up skin and to make everything more regular. I was just wondering tho, since i started my period today and i am suppose to start them today, am i goin to still have my period still for the week? My doctor said that i start the pill the sunday after i start my period. Well its sunday so here i am. Im just wondering if my period is goin to continue and stuff like that. I dont really kno that much about the pill becaus ei have neva bene on it and none of my friends have either. So if u have could u just put ur input here. I would appreciate it a lot.

Also do i get my period exactly on the day that i run out of the hormone pills, and start to take the other pills in the box that are just there to remind u to take them? Sry that is a little confusing if u dont kno what im talking about.

ok i have been talkin gbirth control pills since i have been like 16 and now i am 24. i have taken so many you woun't believe and you know what they are all differnt it really depends on how strong they are what kind are you on. you period will lightne up big time i know that and it does come at same time every month which is awesome.

NOOO don't take them TODAY! If you started your period today this isn't the Sunday AFTER your period is it? I'm on birth control. You take them next sunday! Omg don't start them today girl! I hope you didn't start.

I usually start my period 3 or 4 days after my pills run out for the month.

Just for fair warning you may feel...pregnant...nauseas and mood swings...at first but don't worry lol. Remember to take them in the same time of the day EVERY day. If you take them in the afternoon always take them in the afternoon. Don't take them in the morning once, then evening...they won't work.

hey thx everyone. I just realized the pills came with directions so i did what i shouldve done b4 and read them. My pills i start within the first 24 hours of my period, so im good. I shoulda done this before. But thanks everyone, and smokeycat dont worry heheh.

Birth control pills still work if you don't take them at the same time all the time. Think about it, when you miss a day, they dont tell you to use extra protection. If youve been taking them long enough the level of the hormone builds up in you system that missing taking the pill by a few hours won't screw anything up. If you do it on a regular basis, however, you might feel worse mood swings, nausea, etc. Just to let you know, every time I start a new pack, I usually feel a little nauseaous/iritable/etc. Kinda like PMS. I've been thinking for a few months now about stopping it, since I don't have a significant other anymore and don't plan to have one for awhile. I've been taking the pill for almost 4 years now, but I've heard that stopping after taking them for so long will mess up your cycle, your emotions, and other things. Anyone have any experience with this?

Also, yeah, you need to wait till next sunday. Like someone said before this post, the sunday AFTER your period starts.