Mutual Breakups

Ive read all majord23's threads and SuperDave71's threads. All very good and useful I read my Hardcopy of those No Contacts guides whenever I feel like contacting my ex. Im currently on a break up with my ex and it was mutual, most of your threads talk about a dumper and a dumpee.

What about mutual breakups, can you still apply the same things like No contact to reconcile?

Then you are very fortunate... if its mutual. YES. You can agree to go NC and specify a time period. A few weeks... a month... a few months. Its a time for you to get out of the RING... call a time out... and each of you do what you need to do with your lives to get on track.

With Dumper, Dumpee... NC invocation may have a different connotation. People go NC to avoid the HOOVERING... that happens after a break. No matter how you flip a coin... the pain is there for both Dumper and Dumpee... the dumper has always had a head start to start to process, and its just more readily transparent that the Dumpee is in great pain.

If your break is mutual. Then yes.. you both can write the rules together and agree to a time period for NC.

Yayy, a thread about mutual break-ups.

Did you guys leave on a good note kind of with the feeling that things may have a shot later down the road? Like a 'time out' break or something?

My mutual break-up situation was pretty much 'finito. we tried, but it is time to move on'. Unreconcilable differences and direction, I guess.

So, I feel like all qs are answered. NC is the only way to go.

Maybe your situation is different?

yeah we left on a good note, she just needed to sort out what she wanted and we both decided a breakup was for the best. But i took control and initiated NC, she has been wanting to talk with me not sure what to do though... I have a thread on it. well multiple lol