My wife took (her &) our 4 Kids and left - what can i do

keith863

my wife up and left (moved out) with my 4 kids one day.

i came home from work, and gone.

my wife and i had been discussing divorce (heatedly) for 2 yrs. previous.

i called the police, they said that it was not Kidnapping because I knew who the person was (my wife), and it was not a Missing Persons case, for the same reason. (and there was no sign of foul play, etc.)

My intent now is:

1) are my kids OK, are they in school, how is she taking care of them, etc. and

2) then, proceed to see how the courts will split-up the children, etc. asi had been telling her for the past 2 yrs., I wanted all the kids ideally.

Help~~

(Thank you)

Keith

Unfortunately, I am neither a lawyer or a law official..but it does seem to me you should really talk to your wife. Perhaps, even though it is very clear she is angry and not in terms to discuss, if you have lunch somewhere and talk things through, then you may slowly start reaching your goal. You may not get everything you intended all at once...but it's a start. So talk to her! Maybe she'll understand and see things as they are!

i know its hard, but, frankly , you were warned, please, make sure no matter what you do , try your hardest not to allow the pain to hurt your relationship with your children , this time is the hardest in the world to go through as a parent, and its very easy to react out of pain , the fact of it is, i dont know what state your in, in my state, even when there is a seperation, it would be prosecuted as parental kidnapping , but , the best bet is to contact her, i assume you have an idea of where she is ? unless she pulled an out of the blue move, contact, gently and nicely through her parents or friend , whichever, just dont let your anger and hurt through , make sure she understands that you are hurt, but dont get angry, she may tape phone calls, etc ....

and save them to use in court, unfortunately you have to watch what you say and do , even if you still love her, you must not look at her as an ally anylonger, be polite but firm in requesting to talk to and see your children , get the money saved for the divorce, youll need at least 2000 for a retainer fee.

good luck

B

• 7 months later...

yes yes yes! that IS KIDNAPPING! It is rubbish that because you know who it is that it isn't kidnapping. My father did it to me... took my brother sister and myself away and YES it is kidnapping...

You have to get hold of your wife somehow... you obviously care about your kids and you need to know that they are ok... she has NO RIGHT to just take them away from you like that without letting you know how they are (unless of course there is the case where you pose some danger to them) but even then she should declare to someone where she is... and where they are...

Good luck...

love, geobluexx