Quick ques...

My ex bf and i have been talking online the last few days a lot- and convos go really well. He has been iming me whenever i come online within the first few minutes. Last night he imed me, but was kind of being a bit of a jerk and annoying so he left to go to sleep. But it was no big deal, we werent fighting or mad at each other or anything.

So early tongiht, I signed online saw he was on, but had to run upstairs to do something. I came back a few minutes later.. And there was a message from him and the im read just like this..

"sorry... cant talk, my ride is here."

By the time i was back, he wasnt online anymore. It was just weird to me because i hadnt imed anything to him, no hi or anything. So it was out of nowhere in a way. I thought maybe he imed me by accident? But then i realized that he would have had to click on my screen name and i dont think he would have done that accidentally... So was he just trying to be nice, and say in a rushed way that he wishes he could talk but had to run? It may seem like a dumb question to you guys, but i wanna make sure im not misreading anything since dealing with an ex is tricky.