Need some MAJOR advice

Well my name is brent , im 19 and heres my problem

A month ago I got with someone who just makes me happy and makes my life worth living , things were looking great and it didnt seem bad at all , but then today my girl which is 17 told me that the fact im technicaly a adult and she is not makes her upset. So we talk and it was a long talk and well it got a little better .. But then she told me that it was really not that it was just that she was confused and doesnt know if she is making the right choice, now she wants a few dayz .. I said Ok , but i just know that she is going to end it cuz of the type of person she is ..

Do you think that I should try and salvage the relationship or just let is end .. There is a chance that she wll not end it But im not counting on it

what would you all do

I'd just wait to see what she has to say. If she wants to end it, the best you can do it try to talk her out of it... A 2 years difference is nothing! It's perfectly normal, I don't understand why she would think the fact that you're "technically" an adult is something bad.

If you had a good relationship, then try to push that issue with her and that a 2 year difference is nothing compared to some people out there...

My parents are about 7 years difference. My Mom is older than my dad!!!

Unless there's something else going on here, or she's got a crazy thought in her mind, I don't understand why she'd be upset... The only way to settle it is to talk to her about it, what she's thinking and feeling.

Good Luck, I hope maybe a little bit of that will help...

I agree... just hear her out, and if she does decide to end it, just try and let her know how much you care. If she still wants to end it, just reassure her that you'll always be there when she needs you,and maybe, in time, she'll realize how much you really care for her... just give her time and love her; thats really all you can do right now. Hope it works out!

Always...

BananaRamma01

Hey PeterPan,

From what you've said, it sounds like there is something else at the core here. The "you're an adult, I'm not" sounds like she's trying to validate some sort of reason to herself to break things off. Talk with her and see if you can find out what the real source is here.

Of course, I could be wrong and for whatever reason, the 2 year difference is what's bothering her. Are you headed to college and she's still in high school, anything like that?

Best of luck to you!