so confused about my ex's physical actions!!!

Hey everyone! I've just had another episode in my soap opera-like life and I'm very confused. Today I went to see my ex-boyfriend and we were talking for a while. Things heated up and we kissed, etc...then we ended up having sex. I felt a little bad afterwards since I'm going out with a new guy (only been with him for a week) and he's been dating a girl for almost a month. I really love him and vice versa. We've had many problems in the past and figured that we don't share common goals for the future. My parents aren't very fond of him. Even though all of this is true I still always see a future with him...but just not very often if you know what I mean. We're both Seniors in High School this year and both don't want anything serious. We went out for 3 years, which WAS a serious relationship. I just need a few questions answered if anyone can help!

First off, do you think I should talk to him about our fling today and ask him if it was love or just lust? I don't want to push anything on him.

Do you think getting back into a relationship with him would be good and if so could we maintain one that is just...for fun?

I'm so confused...ANY advice on this would be SOOOO much help!

I did the same thing with my ex girlfriend. It was a little bit of lust but I did it also because I still loved her when we were broken up. And after that I remembered how much I loved her, but didn't say anything. That happened a few more times and she told me she couldn't do that anymore unless we got back and I realized that I really wanted her back.

You should talk to him, I would guess he still likes you and probably still loves you.

I think it could be a little bit of both. Love and Lust.

The only thing I see wrong with high school relationships, is that when you go off to school the relationship sometimes ends.

This is what happened to me, but you never know unless you talk about it.

I would not have sex with him, you want him to be able to make up his mind with out sex clouding his decision.

I would agree with the other posts, talk to him, and maybe talk to him before the sex happens again and clouds the issue. Also, one thing i was concerned about, is your talking about an unserious relationship with your ex, but unless I read wrong, you and he are both involved with others. I think it best to be open with your other man, and hope that he is with his other gf, for their sake and sanity. Hope things work out for you.