My parents split up when I was 19, my middle sister 13, and my baby sister was 10... And my dad has been drinking a lot since then. Im now 22, and im at that age when i drink with my friends...i should be the one who drinks a lot, not my father. He literally gets out of work and goes to the bar every day Thats 5 days a week and never gets home from the bar until 10pm (and he has to wake up at 3:30am) Hes even starting to go out on the weekends and drink, sometimes he doesnt even come home on days he goes to the bar, he has lost a lot of weight and has been a total jerk... He yells about the dumbest things and cares less for anything that has even remotely close to a meaning in his life. He is a scary and abusive person and i dont feel that i could confront him about his problem becuase im afraid he will hit me and not want to stop. He also drives drunk all the time, im afraid hes going to kill himself or someone else... what should i do about this, let him kill himself from binge drinking, or get by butt kicked for confronting him about it.... help!!!!!!!

maybe you ought to get your dad to go to AA meetings
I wish it were that easy.... Hew needs to go to meeting, but the only way he would ever go would be if he was court ordered, and you know what that will take... he drives a truck, so he has a CDL lisense, so if he gets pulled over hes out of a job as well.... im going to try to call AA and hopefull they can help me out... thanks