Shy when meeting new people

I'm a 21 year old female who finds it really difficult to connect with men. I have been out with several men but I don't feel like I've had a deep connection with any of them. Generally I'm quite a shy person, although many people don't think it because I have many friends. The thing is, it takes me a while to fully be myself with someone because I am shy, and this is a problem when it comes to meeting men because you need to make an impact immediately.

I'm hopeless at flirting too, I find it hard to make eye contact and sometimes to begin and hold conversations. I didn't think i would have any problems with men, most people say I'm very attractive looking, I'm 5'9 tall with long brown hair and am very slim so looks definitely are not the problem.

I wish i could be more open with people I meet. I think I sometimes cut off conversations myself when i feel shy so I may have a defeatest attitude Can anyone help?

Thanks.

I'm hopeless at flirting too, I find it hard to make eye contact and sometimes to begin and hold conversations. I didn't think i would have any problems with men, most people say I'm very attractive looking, I'm 5'9 tall with long brown hair and am very slim so looks definitely are not the problem.

Your the same height as me and your just like me only older.I learned that when it comes to flirting if you just dont do it ,it comes naturally by itself.It does for me anyway.Always smile and you dont have to like stare into the persons eyes ,it makes me uncomfortable.Just look at thier eyes and maybe look somewhere else but only for a few seconds then back at the eyes.I can pretty much just help you in the flirting subject,not too much help anywhere else,sorry.But there's my 2 cents.Good Luck.