Hair removal question for the ladies.

I'm trying to remove the hair 'down there' with little success. I've tried shaving (admittedly with my Bic, but I used aloe vera, tree tree oil, and exfoliated first) and not only am I unable to get a close enough shave, I get terrible razorburn.

I tried Nair yesterday, and it just left me with awful looking stuble. I've tried wax, but I couldnt get it to work - I'm unsure if it was my method or the wax. Though I'm pretty sure I did everything right. I'm only 16 so would rather not go to a salon, because of expense and just general shyness.

im a guy and have considered waxing some areas due to tattoos.

kinda like covering a painting with a sheet.

how long does this generally last? does it promote ingrown hairs?

how bad does it hurt??? is this something i should do myself?

or should i go to a salon or something? is it normal for a guy to go to a salon to get waxed???

im a lean guy. unfortunately the genes in my family left me alittle hairy.

all my life i have hated it. at times ive kept my shirt on because of it.

ive been considering trying waxing.......but am alittle nervous about the hole thing being a guy. is this more normal then i think it is??

I'm a big fan of waxing!

For hoppy...

My BF got some waxing done for that same reason...his tats

Depends how fast your hair grows, but you are sure to get a good 6 weeks for sure. He did his about 3 mths ago and I notice it growing back now. Sometimes you will get ingrowns...or at least some type of piple. But they go away.

LOL.. it hurts... but hey you got tats rights? You can handle it. Don't do it yourself..go get it done. It's perfectly normal for guys to get waxed. You don't have to go to a salon in a mall or anything, there are people who work out of their homes.

I have a few friends that make a living doing waxing and pedicures etc... they do guys all the time...it's no biggy.

Waxing is seriously the only way to go! I wouldn't recommend shaving it because it will just grow back in all directions. You can try to trim it and see if that helps. I wouldn't use any of that Nair stuff because your skin is really sensitive down there . . . and you tried waxing yourself??? I don't think I'd never have to courage to do that myself!!! *cringe*

Usually my gay friend Jonathan comes over to wax me once a month or so... but I haven't been able to get ahold of him and i guess i am going to have to break down and get some foreigner to spread burning wax on my lady parts...

How does it work at a salon? Do they just lay you on the counter or what? SOOO nervous.

oh my god!!!!

"burning wax on my lady parts"..................you poor thing!!!!

i wouldnt let anybody with anything that was burning near "man parts".

they got socked in the mouth. now i could get alittle "kinky" and try the burning wax on the chest or something. "man parts" cant like hot burning wax. ouch.

cant they invent some "cool" wax or something. that just seems so painfull!!!

"buring wax" OUCH!!

I have tryed cold wax that heats up with your body temperature its not too bad, however some parts are hard to see for your self, so if you dont want anyone else down there... I would wax all visible areas then shave the ones you cant see with the venus razor, I put on baby powder when im done with shaving so no oil can get traped under my skin and give me bumps.

Good luck!