Residential Hospital

So, I just got back from therapy and we (she) decided that tomorrow my parents would be coming in to therapy to discuss the possibility of long term residential treatment out of state. They will be going into the meeting not knowing what to expect. I'm scared and I don't want to go out of state, but I'm thinking, maybe it would be best for me? I mean, I got 25 stitches on Friday for cutting too deep. And I've been depressed for a long time. I don't know. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do/say in the meeting/opinions on whether I should go or stay?

Thanks so much!

-dyxy

I think inpatient therapy is an excellent option. Would it be on an inpatient basis? Cutting is very dangerous, because you may cut too deeply one day and blood loss will be too great. 25 stitches is a significant amount. I would follow your Dr.'s advice, because they are trained in this area, pyschiatry, and can provide an avenue to allow you to heal, counseling, medications, etc, and truly discover the root of your problems. I wish you luck in your journey.

So last night I overdosed, but my friend found out, came over and literally forced me to throw up. My mom found out and was unconcerned and we didn't even go to the hospital or anything, so I'm okay I guess. I'm just so depressed. It hurts me in class sometimes just to talk, and to smile. In religion class today we just were doing this project thing, and I just gave the group paper to someone else, put my head down and didn't talk for the rest of class. It just, I don't know how to explain it. Everything overwhelms me. Everything makes me want to die.

My girlfriend is extremely anorexic (I know that she's bad for me, but I truly, deeply love her) and I found a picture of one of those models they show people to explain how bad anorexia can get. She cried when I told her I saw it in her purse and just explained to me that she wanted to be that skinny. She says she wants to be so skinny that people stare and say, wow she's effing skinny.

That hurts me a lot too, and just added to my day of just being down. I just freaking wish this pain would stop.

My mom is looking into a year long residential program now. I'm scared