asking before kissing...

My story can be found here...

well today I was talking to some of my friends who know her better than I do and they told me that she's into me, but that she's a really shy girl, and probably wouldnt be calling me. and that she'd be waiting for me to call her if anything. so they convinced me to call her and just see what was going on with her. so i did and i got her voice mail. i left a message earlier today, and still have not heard back from her. i don't want to get paranoid about it, but it now seems that she's ignoring me.

I'm afraid that me asking to kiss her has maybe scared her off in a way. i'm a pretty shy guy when it comes to this, so it took a lot of nerve to even ask her. i'm not sure what to think anymore. but im wondering if its possible to scare off a girl who liked you by asking whether itd be ok to kiss them.

any input??

Perhaps she didn't call you back because she got tied up with other things. If she is shy, I doubt very much that she was turned off by you asking her if you could kiss her. Don't ever feel ashamed that you asked. There is nothing wrong with asking. It shows more sensitivity. Some women may be turned off but a woman who is worth it wouldn't be turned off at all and would be quite flattered.

Hmm.. did you get the kiss when you asked?

I don't think it scared her off.

I think it actually showed some respect... see how SHE felt about a kiss before you just stole one from her.

My first boyfriend asked to kiss me... I wasn't ready at first. So he was being very patient.

I'm glad he got my opinion on the matter first, too.

Later on, he asked me again and I said, "Yes."

I honestly don't see anything wrong with asking to kiss her.

It'll give her a chance to give you an answer and tell you how she felt about it before anything bad would happen.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

You only called her earlier today. I'd give her another day or two before jumping to conclusions. As crazyaboutdogs has said, she may have gotten tied up with something.

I think it would be a bad sign if she flat out said no to the kiss, but it's hard to tell with the way she responded.

I have had guys ask to kiss me before and it didn't turn me off. True, kisses without asking can be more passionate, but sometimes I think it's sweet to ask.

I even had one guy tell me that he wanted to kiss me but was really nervous, so I just took the lead. I didn't laugh at him or think 'eww'. I understand that it can be nerve-wracking.

Then again, all people are different. Some people are all into the whole "right moment" thing, or don't want to kiss on the first date (that was your first official date, right?)

And yes, others might be like "ew what a wimp, how could he ask?"

But I don't see how asking to kiss her could turn her off so much that she would stop talking to you. If she is indeed ignoring you, I would say there must have been other things that turned her off on your date.

dont ask just kiss. im aggressive with it. ladies love that. atleast the ones ive been with. they can smell fear and if your not confient in doing so you shouldnt do it. but if you dont let those bad thoughts cross your mind than do it and look her in her eyes right afterwards. i hate to spit this game for free but i feel generous