So this is going to be a small rant.

Don't you just hate it when you take the initiative to get people together to hang out, and one friend -- instead of being like, "hey great, thanks!" -- plays 20 questions with you? Argh, so irritating! I had already sketched out the basic plan of what we would/could do.

Eh, she probably doesn't want to come, but if that's the case, she should just say so. No need to make me hold her hand and convince her to come to something that's just supposed to be a casual get together anyway. Waaay to much work. Geez...! *rolling eyes*

(End rant. )

i know exactly what you mean. I always try to get people together for parties and such but instead of just being honest about what they want to do... some often give me the run around. Annoying... especially when you are crammed for time and you have 3 other people trying to call you to confirm things. I totally understand. I have found that just being blunt about it saves lots of time. I just say "Come if you want. Doesn't matter to me." They get the picture.

I have found that just being blunt about it saves lots of time. I just say "Come if you want. Doesn't matter to me."

Yeah, that's totally what I felt like saying. I mean, I DO want her there because our "group" hasn't hung out together, all of us, in awhile. But I guess if she doesn't see that as a reason to come, then ... whatever! Best thing to do is like BBH said, just go have fun anyway with the other people.

Anyway, thanks for understanding ...

i know that feeling all too well or when you ask if you wanna do something because they say they're bored and you ask what do you wanna do and they say they don't know so when that happens i just go find some other friends to hang with

Haha yeah I know what you mean. The whole "I don't know.. what do YOU wanna do" bit goes back and forth... back and forth. It's either we finally find something to do or we just say "Screw it" and not even hang out. lol.

My closest friends aren't into doing some more social things. They are very comfortable just having coffee or staying in watching movies or playing video games. Which is just fine once in awhile for me, but I do want to get out there and be with people, go clubbing, or to a bar, shoot some pool, have some brew.

If I even mention to them "hey lets go to this local drinking/dancing establishment" they all say "nah, I don't feel like it". It's really quite frustrating.

So I found some new people to go out with. I still hang out with old friends when I want to do something more low key, but I can go out and have some drinks and go dancing and do something DIFFERENT with these new people. It's grand.