how long should i wait

hey everyone, i was pondering over this question and i could really use some unbiased advice....

my ex boyfriend broke up with me 2 months ago, since then we only spoke once. currently, i have the chance to date someone else, who happens to be a pro athlete. reguardless of his status, im not trying to get into another relationship right now.

what im wondering is...how long after breaking up with someone is a casual date not considered a rebound?

There's no limit. It's different for everybody.

If you are still not over your ex, and you think about him everyday, then you are not ready. If you are just looking to fill that lonely break up feeling, then that might be a sign that it's just a rebound.

But if you really feel like you are over your ex, and you are interested in meeting new people then that could be a good sign that you are ready.

If you are pondering how long you should wait, you definitely are not ready for anything serious.

Basically if you are looking for a replacement for your ex, or still comparing them all the time, or still grieving, you are not ready.

But I don't think a "casual date" qualifies as a rebound at all, since it is just that - a date. Just be honest about not intending on anything beyond casual date(s). Dating can be good for you to meet new people, and see that there is more people out there than your ex. Just listen to your own heart & gut.

I don't think that you have to be over someone to date but agree that you shouldn't jump into the next level, such as moving in. In a way, meeting other people actually helps the getting over process. I think it's necessary to be honest if you've just split. The only thing I would be careful of is making sure that you really have split and it's not just a row. 2 months should be enough.

I don't think that you have to be over someone to date but agree that you shouldn't jump into the next level, such as moving in. In a way, meeting other people actually helps the getting over process. I think it's necessary to be honest if you've just split. The only thing I would be careful of is making sure that you really have split and it's not just a row. 2 months should be enough.

agree completely with the post above. dating someone else do help the moving on alot.