Personality v's physical attraction

the way i see it, is there has to be some kind of physical attraction first.
Probabaly most men will agree with you, but I have to disagree. I have always told my friends that the guy who can TALK me into bed is the man of my dreams. I myself need the personality to develop an attraction. Any relationship of significance that I have had, started with words and not the image. I think guys tend be more visual whereas women are looking for the emotion.

I met a girl at work one day. She had an amazing personality. We talked for a half hour. I was attracted to that in a big way. We could flirt, talk about anything, definitely sexual things. She was smooth in her conversation, obviously loved men and came accross confident and sexy.

But there was nothing I could do to overcome the fact that I wasn't attracted to her. She was overweight (and I may not have even found her to be attractive if that weren't the case). She sounded like she would be an absolute blast in bed. Sexually open, the works. I just couldn't do anything at all to feel a real attraction for her. The physical part wasn't there for me.

Looks matter. They have to be there. And this is coming from a guy who wants at the very most a woman who is average looking.

Just wanted your opinion, if you met someone and they had a terrific personality, but you just weren't physically attracted to them, what would you do? Do you think it would really last if you weren't that attracted to them? I know deep down the more you like somebody the more beautiful they become in time etc... but is that always the case? Your thoughts and feelings would be appreciated... thanks.

I would most likely wait because the majority of the time I have felt attracted to a man's personality, that attraction has expanded to include physical attraction over time. This occurred even when I felt no physical attraction when we first met.