Why would he contact me if he's not interested?

Ok so someone recommended i read "he's just not that into you". Very interested book. based on what i read, the 2 guys that i've been talking to are not that into me, which is fine. but what i'm wondering is why would a guy even bother to contact me if he's not interested? why waste his time? theres the one guy who calls me occasionally and then theres the guy who texts me every other day, but doesn't call. so if they're not interested, why would they bother???

Well, to be fair, I haven't read that book. But I did see the episode on Oprah about it. lol.

The way I understand it, the 'he's not that into you' is about sifting through the men who will meet what you are looking for out of a relationship, from the ones who aren't.

So, these guys could be 'interested' in you (for fun, casual, sex, whatever). But maybe not for a serious relationship or what you are looking for.

I assume most women reading that book are looking for more long-term, committed relationships. ..but ending up choosing guys who are looking for other things,...ehh, uhh...otherwise why read it?

At the end of the day, it is your life and you know need to decide what is right for you. Not some book. But you already know that.

So...to your original q...'cause some guys are chasing tail, or looking for a fun fling, or want a girlfriend and like you but aren't willing to put in the effort, or are horrid at relationships, or... Maybe I'm cynical?

well ive been texting this girl iam intereted in. But dont hav the funds at the moment to ask her out on a date. I dont even give hints i like her, just message her once in awhile to see how she's goin. asking him would be good.

really? why is it that u don't just call her?