what the heck is going on? I"m confused

So last night my bf and I were talking about exes. He told me how his ex (that he dated few yrs ago for a long time, was his first love blah blah blah) broke up on good terms and she might come back here in November (she lives out of state) and asked me if I would get mad if he hanged out with her. I chose to kinda ignore the question and told him I would be upset. Later on in the evening I asked him if he'll hang out with her and he didn't answer, I kept asking so finally he said he lied about it and doesnt know when she'll come back. I got extremely mad and told him that I dont deal with lies and I find it really strange how he knows all these details of her arrivals whether they are lies or not and told him to leave my house.

The funny thing is that couple months ago when she was here, I asked him if I should be worried about it and he said he hates her guts and that she is a b****.....few weeks ago he told me she texted him and they had a nice text convo. * * * is going on, the story keeps changing. Am i overreacting? At the moment I am not speaking to him, should I call or should I wait for his call? I hate these games, but I am very sensitive when it comes to people lying to me, I lose trust in people really fast.

Ok, if it were me I would be extremely pissed. If he's with you, and they are broken up, why would they hang out? It's ok to chat every once in a while but HANG OUT. Nuh uh, not going to happen. Don't call him...at best find someone who's not still attached to their ex.

You have every right to be confused and pissed off. He is lying and changing his story about an ex. It seems like you did the righ thing in telling him you need to know the truth and you don't feel okay with them hanging out. I think the ball's in his court now and he can either come back and explain himself and apologize or sit around and wait for you to call him (which you shouldn't have to do!). If he can't understand what went wrong in this situation you are better off without him. Don't settle for anything except the truth and respect for your feelings. Good luck!

He's testing the waters for some reason, and it doesn't look good. No committed boyfriend in his right mind would propose such a question to his current girlfriend, at least, I don't think he would or should.

Be careful. Sounds like he's still interested in her, or at least interested in seeing if she's still interested in him!

Personally I'm not against my bf hanging out with his ex's, as long as he's honest about it. In your situation I could understand why you would get pissed. He lied to you about it and just made the whole situation seem really shady. And that whole thing about how she was the love of his life and etc, I mean, what the hell was that all about? That was def TMI! And very disrespectful to you in my opinion!! He's with you now and it's not necessary to mention that sort of info to you. If I were you, I wouldn't trust your bf either!

• 3 weeks later...

I could'nt believe what I read about you asking " Do I have anything to worry about?" Been there, done that. I have learnd that if you have to ask it, then you already have the answer, right? It happened to me 4 years ago when my husband, then just boyfriend, went to take his kids to see their mothers family. He had had an affair with his wifes sister like 10 years prior. I did'nt go with him because I didn't know any of these people and felt uncomfortable. I knew the second I talked to him that there was something going on. He admitted it when he got home, but I still don't trust him totally. Go with your gut,,,