Yet another arguement with my best friend

My friend (Anna) for a joke, made up a person via msn messenger for an evening. I worked out what she was doing, and told her not to because an ex friend did the same thing over a long period of time, and faked self harm through it. Anna was outraged that I had compared her to this friend, and starting saying that I hated my ex friend because she was a lesbian (She was in love with me) and that I had issues. She said that I dont care about her when she confides in me, and that I was only annoyed because she cancelled going to the cinema with me. All of which was completely untrue.

She then emailed me saying that it's unlikely we can be friends anymore, and good luck.

Was I overreacting in telling her to stop faking?

Despite the occasional mood swing, she is a good friend, and the only person I know in 6th form college next year. What should I do?!

No, you weren't overreacting. It can be mean at times to play a practical joke and as long as you weren't yelling at her when you told her, than she is the one who really has the problem. Talk with her. Find out why this is upsetting her and why should would want to do this prank. It's important to get the facts straight first, before anything is done. I am sure your friendship isn't in total jeopardy. Good luck.

Hi there,

It sounds like things over time between have been festering and one little thing set her off. It seems when something bothers her, she lets it slide and things build up. I am sure this is not the first time this has happened. And also, it could be that you two are spending too much time together. That happened to me in the past before, and by the end, we (my friend and I) were at each other's throats!

The best thing is to cool off. I am sure she does not mean what she said. She is just talking out of her emotions. Just leave her be, hang out with your other friends and I am sure within a week or so, you ladies will be best pals again.