Two very shy people, advice please.

Ok, so, I am not one who likes to date people from work. I have worked with this one girl for 4 yrs and she quit a couple of weeks ago. Now, I have always found her attractive and we get along great. The other night we talked for hours on the phone and last night we went out for dessert and a movie. The evening was great and there was suttle flirting done by me but I wasn't sure if she was too. As an example, she rested her leg against mine and touched my shoulder a couple of times while we were talking/walking to the car. And during the evening she kept saying "You'll get to meet..." and "You'll learn this about me over time." Those are good signs right? Even based on our conversation on the phone the other night, she said she was so confused by my behaviour, ie was I flirting or just being nice, and now that's how I feel after last night. I mean we kind of outright agreed we would date and wouldn't see other people and take things from there. I don't want to rush but I also don't want to take things too slowly in which case she may get the feeling I am not interested when I am. How should i approach things when both of us are shy?

Her talking about getting to know you means nothing. She could either be talking about relationships or about "as friends". You need to get on the ball because it sounds like she doesn't know where you stand-and that is bad. She needs to know exactly where you stand, and not by you telling her-that's boring-by by showing her with your actions. If you like her, then kiss her, flirt with her and be OBVIOUS about it. Your shufflefooting on this is going to be a big turnoff. Quit being subtle. Are you ashamed of liking her? No? Well then do something about it already. Kiss the girl-and don't ask, just do it.