hey guys.....a bit of a confusing situation with a girl...bear with!

ok....i met some girls a few months ago and i quite liked her.it seemed she liked me from the signals ive got and i was going to ask her out at our ball.however my mate whos a gd mate of hers said dont bother so that was that.i had a chat with her and we decided to be gd mates.

so ive been more relaxed about hanging with her but ive been getting more obvious signals that she likes me.ive been joking around a lot with her and she keeps trying to make a serious point about us.also,the other night,she was sitting on my lap,holding hands with me,hugging me at any oppotunity and being inimate.she also said she loved me out of the blue....but when i was in position to kiss her she didnt respond as such.

i dunno what to think,im more than happy if she didnt like me in that way...just being mates is cool with me.but the signals she is showing whenever i speak to her and see her imply she wants more.

what do u think?

Sounds to me like she loves the attention. If you want to go for it, then go for it-however... if you do and she gets weird, then STOP RIGHT THERE because she would have clearly been doing it for the attention and emotional support. I wouldn't argue with her or say anything except, "that's fine but stop being flirty with me, I don't give out free attention."

Does she treat anyone else the same way? If you're the only guy getting this attention, then I'd say she almost definitely likes you.

And just because she didn't respond to your 'getting into position' to kiss her doesn't necessarily mean anything. She could have not noticed that you were going to kiss her, or maybe got scared. There are many possible reasons for that, so don't let that stop you.

Does she treat anyone else the same way? If you're the only guy getting this attention, then I'd say she almost definitely likes you.

Actually this is not always true. I've seen this 100 times and talked with many guys over the forums who have been in a situation where a girl treats him different than everyone else around, yet still had no interest other than being just friends.

Actually this is not always true. I've seen this 100 times and talked with many guys over the forums who have been in a situation where a girl treats him different than everyone else around, yet still had no interest other than being just friends.

Oh.. well.. I was saying that from my own experience with guys, every time I got extra attention from a guy, it turned out he liked me. So.. I guess that doesn't apply vice versa. Or maybe it's just the kind of guys I attract. Never mind.

No I think you are right about it being a different scenario between guys to girls. If guys are giving a girl more attention than other girls, chances are he is intersted. But vice versa, girls can get exceptionally friendly and flirty with guys she has no interest in whatsoever. It is very common.