A lot of people tend to focus on patterns in relationships. In mine, it always seems as though I think that some guy likes me, and we become friends. I am usually not interested in them at the time, but as I get to know them, I begin to blur the lines of what is romantic and friendly. Then, I start to like them, and at that point they tell me that they don't like me that way. This would be the pattern for me...I don't think it will always be the case, but it could be. I can only think that it boils down to a few things:

1) I am really bad at telling if a guy likes me.

2) My personality is initially winsome, but then they get to know me and lose interest...I'm not mysterious enough.

3) Some other reason, lol.

Rubbish, you see guys are easy to read , they want a nice hot looking babe, who is nice to them and will put up with their behaviour.(although you should never accept abusive behaviour) If a guy tells you, i don't like you 'that' way, it means you have a 'detestable' aspect on you. Wether it be that a girl weights 300 kilo, or acts like a hag , or is slim and beautifull and acts very nice + flirty , can make all the difference in the world of wether you will be accepted or not. If you want to know if a guy likes you , you will have to ask him it in his face. Just show confidence, love believe and support who you are and go for gold in your life.

Caterina - I think you probably have a good feel for the way things go. Sounds like a really observant description of past experiences.

I say, just pay even closer attention next time and you'll be able to figure it out on your own.

It'll be really hard for anyone not on a double date with you to figure out what's going on. Maybe that's an idea. Go out with a trusted friend with a guy you like and have her pay attention as well.

Well, I did ask them and they usually will tell me. Like, the one guy said that he didn't think I would be frugal enough...and the other guy said he didn't want a relationship...although he acted like he liked me. It was weird. He said I had a great personality but the only time he said I was good looking was when I put him on the spot about that...while he freely compliments my personality. So who knows, maybe he just isn't physically attracted...although that seems so not the case...I think he knows that we are very different...its just not that simple...even I know that attraction is an elusive thing.