didnt do anything wrong.....right?

hey there.there is a girl i like and it seemed to me that she quite liked me.there were all the signals like holding hands(albeit drunk)and dancing real close.we have talked loads as well.

so i thought id ask her out at my uni ball.however,my mate advised me not to do this since she only think of me as a friend.i had a private word with her and this was the case but she felt bad about it.i really dont think she was stringing me along...she isnt like that.

anyway.....i was just wondering if o had done anything wrong.she is a flirty girl with ppl...maybe i just couldnt tell between flirting and real flirting.

any thoughts?

I don't think you did anything wrong. Unfortunately you chose to not take your friends advice, but that's your own decision and it's probably better that you found out how she felt for certain. Hopefully this hasn't made any of your friendships any worse, and if you're not too hurt by it then you've gotten out alive and well, and there's no point in worrying ^_^

The only thing you did wrong was you didn't make it clear to her from the beginning that you were interested in her romaticly. She may have been interested at first but because you didn't move quickly enough she put you in the friendzone to save herself the from the possibility that you werent interested in her.