Article on Internet Affairs

Article from weekend newspaper that may be of interest to some.

Internet affairs have replaced the office romance as a main cause of marriage break-ups. Throughout Australia, a growing number of cyber cheats are abandoning their spouses to pursue romances forged online.

Marriage counsellors say they are seeing more relationships shattered by secret cyber love trysts than ever, while lawyers report a rise in internet-related divorces.

New research shows that half of the people who find romance on the internet are already in a relationship at the time, with some making multiple connections.

link removed

what is this world coming to?

MySpace. I bet that's where 90% of the affairs online start.

But seriously, speaking in terms of marriage, I imagine people who are a little older and not really using that. It's just weird to think about it... using the internet and cheating through it is I think even more underhanded than "in real life." Or I don't know-- maybe it's easier to them. It's just sad.

It's thoroughly unsurprising. The internet is the easiest way to look for a cheating relationship ... the access, the illusion of anonymity and security. It's no doubt that the internet and cellphones have simply made cheating easier and moved it beyond the more traditional ways and means of going about it.