Its been over 4 weeks since we my ex broke up with me. Apart from a couple of emails in the first month, i have had no contact with him.

I have been thinking about him alot lately. 2 months ago i was going great, starting a new life - new frens, new job. But then i started to feel depressed. I feel that i've also broken up with his group of frens. I was part of their group and i thought i was one of them but it seems that they only saw me as 'his gf'.Im not sure if I'm missing my ex or missing the idea of having a bf. I mean i do miss my ex, we chatted on the fone nearly every day and now we dont talk to each other at all. I scared i'll bump into him one day and have no idea wat to say or how to act towards him.

My question is 'how long should nc last? and should i call him or wait for him to call me?

Personally I believe forever as well. An ex is an ex for a reason, and unless you broke up on the best of terms, I would leave it at that.

Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit depressed though, that will pass in time. You will go through waves of emotion like that. You have come this far, so give yourself a pat on the back.