how does the older one in the relationship feel about the younger one?

I am thinking about dating a guy about 7/8 years older than me... I'm 20. We haven't discussed a relationship, but I'm just curious to see what older men think about dating younger women. As in, how do they view us? This guy says I'm really mature for my age (and that he's really immature for his ) so there's not much of a gap maturity-wise. I'm just wondering how they do when around each other's friends (since a 27 year old might find 20 year olds awkward to be around), how the families view/accept one another, etc.

I'm ready and willing to date/be in a relationship with him... I'm just wondering what he may think if I propose dating.

Thanks!

my boyfriend is 6 years older then me and I think his only problem he had was that his "little" brother is a YEAR older than me. Do you understand what I mean? He never said this to me, but I got that impression. Other than that things are fine. he makes fun of my because I'm still a teenager and stuff. I'll be 20 in july and he'll be 26 in oct. I just think it's weird for him to think that when he was 20 i was only 14, you know? but as you get even older, age makes no differene.

my boyfriend is 6 years older then me and I think his only problem he had was that his "little" brother is a YEAR older than me. Do you understand what I mean? He never said this to me, but I got that impression. Other than that things are fine. he makes fun of my because I'm still a teenager and stuff. I'll be 20 in july and he'll be 26 in oct. I just think it's weird for him to think that when he was 20 i was only 14, you know? but as you get even older, age makes no differene.

Women are more mature and _considerate_ than men. His jokes to you show that. Lots of men keep joking all their lives like green 16 year old's - you should hear them together when you are not listening...

Contrary, would you joke with him too: "him being almost your dad or what about getting arthritis soon" or whatever?

Never mind boyish jokes, important is that he respects you in everyday life.Other than that, just six years age difference do not matter.

If you would be dating someone my age one would have to be concerned .

Important is your relationship and that you both always communicate honestly, openly and gently and respect each other.