A little over 24 hours...

And I have to see her. I'm not looking forward to it at all. Not only am I not looking forward to seeing her, but she will most likely have the other guy there with her. It'll be almost 6 months now since the actual breakup, 3 months since she moved out, and about 1 month or so since the last contact. It isn't any easier today than it was day one and it's actually gotten worse. Pure melancholy has overtaken my freakin soul and it's so frustrating and even debilitating.

Maybe if I just don't look at her at all I won't reopen that wound.. well it's not really healed yet.. but take major steps back. How am I supposed to be able to handle this when I still love her? To see her there with someone else? It'd be so much easier if I could honestly say I don't love her anymore, but I do unfortunately. Despite her telling me she had feelings for someone else. Despite catching her in lies. Despite it all, I still love her.

Everyone around me knows I'm down, and I mean really down... it's all over my face, my demeanor, my actions, my words, all day, every day.

I will promise you all this though.. I will do my very best to keep my head up high tomorrow and not let the emotions best me.. not tomorrow.. not during my good friend's wedding. No way.. Wish me luck........

hey u know what d only thing which i can tell you right now....time give yourself time be patient....gradually u will heal evryone does.......but be patient n give yourself time...dont push yourself to get over her......just let it go n go with the flow.......the more u push yourself the harder it will be.....take care

Yeah, it's a very normal feeling to hate the thought of her being with someone else but you.

Just need more time, I have stayed away from this girl who played me and led me on for 9 months, and now she tries to contact me and call like I still want to be "friends".

I can't believe the nerve of her, she never mentions the other guy, so how can we hang out and she avoid bringing it up? My heads a mess sort of again, like I think she just doesn't want me to forget her. The way you said she lied to you, you don't owe her anything.

I think it's best if you just ignore her. Don't let her know that you pissed, just tell that stuff to your friends.

That's lame. And it kind of sucks if she's gonna bring another guy there too. I know when I have dumped guys, I've experienced a little something called 'compassion', and have made every effort to not rub things in their face and make it worse for them.

Even though you will be very sad, I strongly recommend that you put on the bravest face you can. Be sure to say hi to her AND her new BF, and be gracious!! This will make you look, and much more importantly feel, like you are OK. If necessary come up with someplace (someplace FUN) that you 'simply have to be'....and excuse yourself early although 'you really wish you could stay'....

If she ever does have a change of heart she will let you know. Other than that there is no need and no benefit to YOU for her to see you sad or sulking...Chin up....go on, you can do it!

I dont know how true this is..but I believe in this statement:

If you truly love someone then when the relationship ends, you want nothing but good things for them. You want them to be happy, successful, and find love even if it is not you.

I have not been in many relationships and each one was different. My first one was for five years. He is a great person, a good friends, but a horrible bf. I went through hell and back trying to deal with the way he treated me. But when it ended (on my terms) I still wanted him to be happy. We have been broken up for 7 months now and he has moved on and it does not bother me one bit.

My second bf and I JUST broke up...about a week ago. It was like he came out of a dream. He was just such a great man and really treated me with care and respect. Well that relationship ended also (on his terms). Even with him...I still want good things for him. It would hurt initially seeing him with someone else but i think that is only going to be temporarily as it is soo new to me. But eventually I can see myself being 100% okay seeing him with someone else.

I think if you really love this girl...with all of your heart...then you should try to be happy for her if she does come with someone.

I know that it is MUCH easier said than done. And I know how your heart is fluttering with that deep feeling. But like I said..if you REALLy DO LOVE her, then you have to let her be happy and be content with that.