What Does Constant Teasing Signify?

There is a girl that I work with, and we have gotten pretty close over the past year or so. What's interesting is that we have developed a relationship that is primarily based on constantly teasing each other. We do like spending time together, and I know there is no underlying negative sentiment to these actions.

Rather, I do this because it would not be appropriate to have a relationship as co-workers, and this is my way of showing continuing interest without taking it too far (as opposed to coming on too strong with constant complimenting). I would like to hear others' experiences with this, including if this is a natural way to express positive feelings for another individual when it is not possible to get together for something more. Or, might this girl have a different motivation for doing so? Any comments would be appreciated.

If she was not interested in you she would not make the effort to tease you. Sometimes however people tease others that may seem tense or stressed as a way to relax them.

It can be helpful in a stressful office environment to break the tension and could only be that and nothing more. You could have great chemistry and it may not be anything beyond that.

You will never really know until you take the initiative and make a move. Otherwise it is just speculation.

Best-

Bondgirl

Teasing is also done between friends, not just two people interested in each other. If you have been going on and on with her for a year or more with just friendly teasing then I would say that signs are heavily favoring the fact that you have been friendzoned for some time. Maybe in the beginning there was interest, but how long do you think she was going to wait around for you to ask her out? A year? Two? Three? Sorry, try a week or two. I say this is a 95% chance of FRIENDZONED.

Another thing I notice that she does a lot is look at my mouth when I am speaking. Anyway, I really can't ask her out because it would be inappropriate and potentially job-threatening. I will have to be content to wait until we no longer work together, and see if something happens then.

Another thing I notice that she does a lot is look at my mouth when I am speaking. Anyway, I really can't ask her out because it would be inappropriate and potentially job-threatening. I will have to be content to wait until we no longer work together, and see if something happens then.

Edited: She is insecure...

By that time it will be too late...

Why is it job threatening?

Could you talk to you boss (Do not need to give her name)

There is a girl that I work with, and we have gotten pretty close over the past year or so. What's interesting is that we have developed a relationship that is primarily based on constantly teasing each other. We do like spending time together, and I know there is no underlying negative sentiment to these actions.

Rather, I do this because it would not be appropriate to have a relationship as co-workers, and this is my way of showing continuing interest without taking it too far (as opposed to coming on too strong with constant complimenting). I would like to hear others' experiences with this, including if this is a natural way to express positive feelings for another individual when it is not possible to get together for something more. Or, might this girl have a different motivation for doing so? Any comments would be appreciated.

I'm not sure what you mean by too far. What is too far? If you like her as a romantic interest, then would taking action that might lead to dating be too far?

While teasing is fun and a great way to break the ice, at some point you must also talk to each other. I couldn't see progressing forward with a man who did nothing but tease me, and wasn't capable of having a real conversation with me. I would take it that he was either not interested in me, or did not believe me possessed of a brain.

When I say too far, I would say that dating would be too far. Despite my feelings for her, I just do not believe it would be appropriate to have a substantial relationship with her outside of the office. That being said, we have already done a few things outside of work (e.g. go to a baseball game together) but nothing I would classify as romantic.

As to your second point, there have been many times we have had deep, personal conversations where we confide in each other. It just seems that the teasing is very frequent.

Obviously, the most common advice on this board is to just ask her. However, because of the risk associated with it, I am forced to wait.