Hello and thank you for reading,

I hope this doesn't sound ridiculous. I'm mid 30's and dated a wonderful man. He'd asked me to marry him, but I declined at the time thinking it was too soon.

He broke up with me after a year together. I don't blame him. I showed him little respect toward the end. I wasn't horrible, but I was frustrated with an injury I'd sustained and the money it cost me and I fell apart. I moved out of our home to get a job in another state. He said back then that he broke up with me because I became obsessively needy after I moved. He's right, I acted incredibly desperate.

It's been 3 years. To the best of my knowledge, he's been single the entire time. I've had relationships, but the bottom line is, I still love him.

I'd like to see him again. He contacted me 2 years ago but didn't reply to my return email. I wrote to him in September as a friend, no answer. I'm not 100% convinced that contacting him via email is the way to go, and if he would even answer. I'd like to see him in person but I'm worried that if he sees me walking down the street or something, he'll think I'm nuts as I don't live in the same state anymore.

Any advice? Thank you so much for reading

Well you haven't really got anything to lose from the sounds of it, and if you don't get in contact with him will you be thinking what if? If you get in contact with him and he is not interested then at least you will know, instead of always having it at the back of your mind.

I say go for it!

he is going to think that you are laying all the conditions again. I think you should call him first. Get to know him again as a person. no point travellng to his state to stir up something that may not happen, better to take the slow approach.

I agree, phone him.

But make sure you can handle rejection, it would be nice if he still loved you but there's a possibility that he is not interested and may even be rude to you.

Ditto ,

Good luck.

Scruff