How many people here has this happened to?

I had a guy disappear on me last year, after dating intensely for 3-4 months, he literally just swtched over night. Ignored my attempts to contact him, talk to him etc and it was so crushing. I had known him for years as an aquaintance prior to that. This is a 39 year old man, he's 40 next month.

I could not get around how callous, cold , cowardly and immature it was and I totally lost all respect for him and have seen him somewhere once since, I'd never talk to him or acknowledge him again.

My latest ex broke up with me out of nowhere, over the phone during an argument we were having over our differences. Because he's always treated me with respect during and even post break up as well, though I'm a little disappointed that he broke up with me over the phone and not in person, overall he has shown so much decency during and afterwards that I can it slide.

I personally think breaking up in person is the most courteous way.

I personally think breaking up in person is the most courteous way.

Nearly three months ago, I was dumped via email after a 8 months LDR and exactly two weeks after returning from visiting him. He tried the disappearing act by refusing to pick up my calls to his mobile but he failed cos i managed to get him on his landline.

Honestly, i never thought that he was such a coward and the news that he cheated on me made it more devastating for me.

I was once dumped by letter, came home from work to find her belongings gone and a letter on the table just saying "sorry but it was too much commitment to be buying a house together"!!!

Man, I hoped you had not already signed the papers! Or if you had, you could afford it on your own!

Man, I hoped you had not already signed the papers! Or if you had, you could afford it on your own!

Fortunately I could afford to go it alone, I had already been paying for everything, so that wasn't really an issue. The fact that she ran off with the car I paid for plus a few thousand pounds was more of an issue but I still thanked my lucky stars, it could of been a lot worse! It was the strangest breakup in my life but also the one that affected me the least!!