School Friends vs. Real Friends...

I was wondering if there is a difference between school and real friends? Im 17 and in grade 11 one year before graduating from high school. Over the past couple of months I've started talking more to these group of people, 4 guys, 2 girls that always take the bus together when they go home. I walk home because I live closer than them, but recently I've just started tagging along when they walk home and then breaking off 5min after we start walking because they go in one direction for the bus and I go in another for walking. Today we finished school early and one of them had to go home so he went. The girls said lets go to a movie, and the three other guys said yes. (I'm still new to this group, they have been going on the bus together for alomst 2 years and have gone to the movies together many times) Nothing was said about me when they were talking about the movies. I felt really bad because I was left out. I don't know if it was because they didn't expect me to come because I've never gone to the movies with them before or if they didn't want me to come. So i just said "see ya" and left. The girls were like "bye" and the guys also said "later". So its not like they were completely ignoring me. So my question (finally)....is what should I have said, because I wanted to go to the movies with them, but it was kind of ocward if i wanted to ask "can i come with you guys" they prob would have said yes but it would be so embarrasing...any suggestions, comments??????

Why don't you invite them to do something after school instead of waiting to be included in their plans? If they see that you're taking the initiative and want to hang out with them aside from walking after school together, they'll be more inclined to invite you when they make plans.

In life there will always be people you hang around with out of convenience or a shared lcoation (like school) and then there are real friends. Some real friends are start off as being convenience friends- but then you realize you really get along and remain in contact.... if that makes any sense....

In college, there were many people that I was friendly with that would study together, and talk in before/after class- but we never remained in contact after college. Then there were the real friends I met in college that I still talk to now.

As for this group you are talking about- just because they didn't ask directly does not mean they didn't inlcude you when they said "Let's go to the movies". My guess is that unless they are incredibly cruel or immature, they would not have said it in front of you if they did not want you to go too. Maybe they expected you to join in on the conversation about the movies, and assumed you didn't want to go when you didn't join in on the conversation and instead said "see-ya".

When they were talking about the movies- where were they standing/walking/sitting in relation to you? Were they walking/sitting in a group with you- or were they ahead and you behind or further apart from the group?

BellaDonna

The part about me not saying anything about the movies leading them to believe I didn't want to come might be true...Now I feel bad as I had a chance to go but didn't say anything. Well the first time it came up they were standing infront of me.